Thursday, January 05, 2006

Welcome to the world of the podcast

I got a new 30 GB video iPod for Xmas and it rocks. Besides trying to upload all my CDs and maxing out my laptop, I have half my iPod full and have now discovered podcasts.

Through iTunes, I have discovered some really cool podcasts. For those of you who aren't familiar with them, they are basically radio shows that you can download and listen to on your iPod at any time.

I have the Rolling Stone interview with Bono on my iPod as well as NPR 7 am news, story of the day and song of the day. I have stuck in the 80s and the ricky gervais show podcasts and they rock. Even They Might Be Giants has one that I am subscribing to and it's free.

There is a whole world out there and now we can listen on our schedule instead of the programmer's schedules. When I drive home from work, I listen to the NPR story of the day and in about a 20 minute drive, I hear a really neat story from someone in the world in my own little commuting world.

I have a feeling that life and radio is about to change as we know it, again. I am very excited to be witnessing this empirical shift from media when the programmers direct it to media when the consumer wants it. It is the age of me and it rocks.

Now back to my iPod.

www.apple.com/itunes/podcasts
www.itunes.com
www.ilounge.com
www.npr.org/rss/podcast/podcast_directory.php

http://www.podcast.net/
www.ipodder.org
www.podcastalley.com
www.podcastbunker.com
podcasts.yahoo.com
www.podcastcentral.com
www.guardian.co.uk/rickygervais
www.podcast411.com
www.podcast.com

No comments: