Sunday, January 28, 2007

80s Music in Commercials

It is disturbing to see some of my favorite songs from the 80s infiltrating the tv commercial landscape.

The The has sold out to M&Ms which I never thought that I would see. The Cure was featured in a polaroid ad a few years ago, but there are many popping up now.

Our House for Maxwell House?
Don't You Want Me for Chips Ahoy?

This is getting ridiculous.

Here is a list of songs from the 80s that have been "butchered" by tv commercials:

Songs from the Eighties That Have Been In Commercials, Index

Well, it was bound to happen, and it has been happening now for a while, Commercials bleeding the memory of the eighties, for music. The first one I remember is "Like A Rock" and then "Born in the USA." Now it's food items. What's next? I'd love to hear your recomendations.
http://www.inthe80s.com/adsmusic/

Technorati Tags: , ,

No comments: