Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Did you know you can use 911 for non-emergencies?

I always thought that 911 was for life-threatening emergencies. My neighbor who works for the government says no - always use it. Especially if something happens after hours - for example, there was a car sitting in front of our house late at night for a few nights. I thought I should call the sheriff’s office but my neighbor said to call 911. Also when a car with three people sat in my driveway one time - I was peeking out the window and seeing what was up as my husband was away and we have two kids. She said I should have also called 911 then.

So, I just wanted to let it be known that you will not tie up the lines and if there is ever anything weird, especially after hours, call 911. At least a sheriff will patrol the neighborhood and make sure everything looks okay.

No comments: