Saturday, December 23, 2006

Waiting in Line Etiquette at the UPS Store

I don't know what topic to file this post under, but it's just plain wrong what happened to me.

I took my 2 month old to the UPS store this week so we could ship Grandma's Christmas gift in time to make it for the holiday. I walked up to the register and there was one person in the store other than the employee and she was making copies.

So I am waiting at the register with my infant in a car seat for about two minutes. The woman making copies goes to the other register and the employee waits on her first. Fine, she was already here, no problem. Whatever.

Then it's my turn. I give him my envelope and he weighs it. Then I see this large, tattooed, white-bearded man appear (no NOT Santa) and he starts complaining loudly how he "might as well go to the $#%& post office". So the employee gives me my package back and WAITS ON HIM. Then my brain starts going into complete shock and my face starts to contort.

The woman, then leaving the store, stops by to tell me that it's okay, he was here first, but he just WENT TO KROGER and then came back. As if it would make me feel better. During the busiest shipping week of the year.

Uh, in my book, when you wait in line, you WAIT IN LINE. You don't leave for another store and keep your spot in line. There is no invisible Georgia line holding law that this jacka-- was covered under. And I absolutely cannot believe that the employee started to wait on me and then stopped when the man started bickering and waited on him. Shame on you, UPS store in Cumming GA. I will never go to your establishment again.

I don't know who to tell about this, Clark Howard or Dane Cook.

Anyway, my two month old fussed less than that tattooed old man. Bah humbug to you old man and employee who waited on him.

You have one bad experience, you tell 30 people. That employee needs to remember this...

Now what do you do? Well, I will tell everyone I know.

Do NOT go here!

The UPS Store 4473
2659 Freedom Pkwy
Cumming, GA 30041 USA
770 886-7774

No comments: