Thursday, April 07, 2005

Baseball, beer and Zyrtec - spring is here!

It is that wonderful time of the year. Spring. Flowers are blooming, the sun is shining and we sit in our offices wondering there has to be a better way to make a living. My car is covered with yellow pollen, Spring's gift to us. I can finally open my sunroof since the weather is warm, and then poof! Hello pollen.

At least it only is around for a few weeks. Zyrtec is the best thing I've found to handle my indoor and outdoor allergies. The problem is that since Claritin went over the counter, insurance companies stopped covering Zyrtec so it's like $75.00 to fill a prescription. It's robbery. I hope they go over the counter sooner than later.

Spring also means sitting on bar porches outside in Atlanta. Time to soak up some beer laden sun. We are going to the beach this weekend to kick start the season. One of my favorite beers is hefeweizen. The local brewers make some great versions. I know they are summer brews - hopefully they will release them earlier. Abita's Purple Haze is also a great sweeter beer. Yes, it's more girly but my husband likes it too. Lake Lanier is also a great place to go. Cocktail cove is a great water hang out if you have a boat or a friend with one. If I could go to Boston's Beerworks I would get the blueberry beer. It comes with blueberries. There is also a watermelon brew that is most excellent.

Go Braves! Go Cubs! Go Red Sox! It's going to be a great baseball year, steroids or not. Although I don't agree with athletes using it, why didn't baseball ban it earlier? Now it's a "hurry up and blame someone" mentality. That is so backwards. Let's think these things out, commissioner. Now play ball!

No comments: